There are several ways to promote your website. But first, you must make sure that your site is set up correctly for on-page SEO. There are few requirements are often directly opposed, but both need equal attention and focus when writing the page content.Good content creation requires some experience as well as some copywriting skills but is vital for promoting a site properly. 101 Advanced Ways to Improve Your On Page SEO
- It must be interesting and useful for visiting human traffic, AND
- It must be easy for the search engine robots to find and analyze accurately
So, how to promote your site the right way with on-page SEO?
Internet Website Promotion
Start with quality content creation. Get your web pages written first, ensuring that they have lots of interesting and useful content. You should have at least 20 pages (30 is better), and 400 to 500 words per page. Use images and videos to break up the text, but keep the flow and use notes to make sure you include all the points you need to make.
Always keep the final Call To Action in mind, steering your reader steadily towards that Click Here or Add To Cart button.
Then do the on-page SEO to make sure the search engine robots can fully grasp the gist of your site. See SEO basics for detailed information, but here are the main points.
On-page SEO For Promoting A Site
Each page should be focused on one specific keyword, with perhaps 4 or 5 supporting keywords that you have selected from your keyword research.
The page will have:
- A title, with the main keyword, included. It should be interesting, perhaps a little provocative or eye-catching.
- A META tag, basically a short description that will show up in search engine summaries. This should include as many of your keywords as you can fit while still being readable. Aim for at least 60 characters, but no more than 160 (the cut-off point for most search engines).
- H1, H2 and H3 headings, with the main keywords included as much as possible. This help if a reader is simply scanning the page, and the robots will note them too.
- A first paragraph with the main keywords included, but do not stuff the text with these. It must still read easily and sensibly. Some robots do not go beyond the first paragraph, so it should summarise the contents of the whole page just in case.
- Alternate text with each image or video. This is still read by the search engine robots so should include your main keyword. I usually use just that keyword.
- Anchor text that should either be the main keyword or placed close to the main keyword.
You should make a sitemap to help the search robots find their way around your website. If you are using WordPress then the Google XML Sitemaps Generator plugin will do this for you automatically and notify all the major search engines whenever you change anything on your site. Best of all, it is free!
Also, open an account at Google Webmaster Tools. It is free and has lots of useful tools to help your on-page SEO.
When you have set up your web pages and published them, it is a good idea to do some fine tuning. And repeat this every time you change or update a page. The process involves doing an SEO analysis on each page, using a tool such as Traffic Travis. This will show where and what you need to improve in order to make the page good from an SEO point of view.
Also, you can get a good idea of how to promote a website by looking at some of your competition. See how they do their on-page SEO, especially if they are ranking higher than you.
Check your statistics, but do not become enslaved by them. It is not worth taking any action, in my opinion, until you are seeing at least 100 visitors a day to the web page. Once at that level, however, you will be able to judge such things as conversion rates, refund rates, and the success or otherwise of the products or services you are promoting.
This is a constant job. Revisit each page on a regular basis, perhaps once a month. You might want to do some testing by, say, changing keywords or anchor text. Always keep a record of these tests, incidentally, so that you can go back to the original if results are disappointing.
On-page SEO and good content creation are only one side of the story. See also my article about Off-page SEO. But they are where you have to start for good internet website promotion. 101 Advanced Ways to Improve Your On Page SEO.